Lumail is a modern console-based email client developed for GNU/Linux.
There are many graphical clients for email, but comparatively few designed solely for console use. With the exception of GNU Emacs none of the console clients I examined had any built in support for scripting with a real language.
Lumail is a new entrant into the world of email clients, with the following four differences from existing projects:
- It operates exclusively on Maildir hierarchies:
- There is no support for POP3/IMAP.
- It is a modal-client so you're always in one particular mode:
- maildir-mode: Shows you the list of folders.
- index-mode: Shows you the list of messages.
- message-mode: Shows you a single message.
- Built in scripting with a mature language.
- 17th November 2015
A new release of Lumail 2 is available upon our download page.
- 6th November 2015
Work is well underway upon a rewrite of Lumail. The rewrite aims to have a much more unified approach to the Lua functions, as well as moving as much of the core from C++ into Lua.
Archived news is available for posterity.